Address: 1924 South Doral Drive Syracuse, UT 84075
Main Office: 801-402-8400
Office Hours: 8:30am - 4:00pm
Office Manager: Andrea Scanlon
Assistant Office Manager/Registrar: Britney Thompson
*Record Requests to Britney Thompson
School Theme 2023-2024:
BUFFALO POINT IS R.A.D.!
BUFFALO POINT MISSION STATEMENT
The purpose of Buffalo Point Elementary is to promote the mission of "Learning First!" for all. To accomplish our purpose, we will teach DESK standards through the explicit instruction model wherein individual learning styles, needs, and gifts are acknowledged and addressed. Instructional time will be protected. We will provide a safe learning environment and empower the community to support student learning. School staff will ensure student learning by tracking student progress and modifying instructional methods learned through professional development.
BUFFALO POINT ELEMENTARY LEA-SPECIFIC LICENSES 2023-2024
- This school employs individuals holding an LEA-specific educator license and/or endorsement.
- The following designations or levels apply to educator licenses, license areas (i.e.-elementary, secondary, special education), and content endorsements (i.e.-mathematics, music, Spanish, social studies):
Professional: the educator has completed an educator preparation program that includes content and pedagogical knowledge. This program may have been completed at a university or in an alternate pathway that was supported by school districts/charters and the Utah State Board of Education.
Associate: The educator is currently completing an educator preparation program but has not yet completed all requirements for a Professional Educator license, license area, or endorsement. The educator is enrolled in a university-based or Local Education Agency (LEA)-based program. When the educator completes the program, they will have a professional level.
LEA-Specific: The educator has not completed an educator preparation and is not currently enrolled in one.
- As of 1/15/2023, this school employs educators with the following types of licensures:
- Professional License - 83.72%
- Associate License - 0%
- LEA-specific License - 7.28%
- Not USBE Qualified - 9.0%
- Individual educator credentials are public information and may be found here: https://cactus.schools.utah.gov/PersonSearch